Article Posted 26 December 2022
2022 has come and gone in what seems like a flash. For IDstewardship it has been an exciting year of teaching and learning about the world of bugs and drugs. There have been ups and downs, but the community of people who support IDstewardship have pushed us forward towards bigger and better things.
As we all take a breath before heading into a new year in 2023, this article is provided as a look back and checkpoint in the life of IDstewardship.com, LearnAntibiotics.com, and the IDstewardship social media profiles.
Of tremendous importance as we do this reflection and snapshot we acknowledge all of the people who make IDstewardship possible. This includes all of the amazing people who are contributors, site visitors, and everyone who shares our content. Without our community of fantastic people, none of this would be possible.
Thank you for your support and encouragement!
TOP 3 NEW ARTICLES FROM 2022
EDITOR’S CHOICE: BEST ARTICLE OF 2022
This was the most fun article to work on this year. As someone who enjoys the simplicity of Sesame Street and the complexity of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, this one was near and dear to my heart as well as a long time coming.
Thank you to all of the contributors, collaborators, and interviewees in 2022! It has been a pleasure.
- Tariq Azamgarhi, MRPharmS, PGDip Clin Pharm, PG CEPIP
- Michael Bosco, Pharm.D., BCIDP, AAHIVP
- Scott Crabtree, M.D., MPH
- Michael Cosimini, M.D.
- Brandon Garcia, Pharm.D. & Madeline King, Pharm.D., BCIDP
- Bessma Hassani, PharmD, BCPS & Debra Willner, Pharm.D., BCIDP
- Stephanie Hsieh, Pharm.D.
- Michael Long, Ph.D.
- Sheila Montalvo, Pharm.D., BCPS
- Shaqil Peermohamed, M.D. & Dr. Tanveer Brar
- Hunter O. Rondeau, Pharm.D
- Lucia Rose, PharmD, BCIDP
- Spencer Sutton, Pharm.D.
- Timothy Ulbrich, PharmD
- Bryan P. White, Pharm.D., BCIDP & Athena Hobbs, Pharm.D., BCIDP
- Kruti Yagnik, DO
IDstewardship QUICK HISTORY
- December 2022 – Learn Antibiotics book published on Amazon
- December 2021 – First @IDstewardship TikTok
- November 2020 – Learn Antibiotics by IDstewardship podcast pilot
- November 2018 – www.LearnAntibiotics.com created
- November 2016 – @ASP_chat started on Twitter
- March 2016 – www.IDstewardship.com created
- July 2014 – IDstewardship Facebook page created
- July 2014 – IDstewardship Pinterest account created
- April 2014 – @IDstewardship first post to Instagram
- July 2012 – @IDstewardship joined Twitter
2022 WEBSITE ANALYTICS for www.IDstewardship.com
- 762,000 pageviews at www.IDstewardship.com in 2022
- 5,200,000 lifetime pageviews through 2022
- 446,000 visitors to www.IDstewardship.com in 2022
- 335,000 organic traffic visitors
- 45,000 visitors found us from social media
- Visitors from 221 countries
- Top countries: United States, India, Canada, United Kingdom, Philippines, Australia, Germany
- The average visitor spent 3 minutes and 2 seconds at www.IDstewardship.com
- 28 new articles published at www.IDstewardship.com
2022 WEBSITE ANALYTICS for www.LearnAntibiotics.com
- 130,000 pageviews at www.LearnAntibiotics.com
- 30,000 visitors to www.LearnAntibiotics.com
- Visitors from 160 countries
- Top countries: United States, Canada, India, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Australia
- Visitors from 160 countries
- Active memberships at end of 2022: 409
- This year many resources were updated and several new cheat sheets were added
- A big focus in 2022 was making the soft cover book Learn Antibiotics available for sale on Amazon
SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
The biggest growth this year was on Twitter, while Instagram and Facebook saw modest growth.
- 34,300 accounts following @IDstewardship
- Facebook Page
- 24,500 accounts following the IDstewardship page
- 32,900 accounts following @IDstewardship, with over 5,300,000 impressions according to Twitter Analytics
- 4,252 accounts following @ASP_chat
- 23,500 subscribers at end of 2022
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS MENTIONING IDstewardship
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENT
Assuming there are no major life events for our team in 2023, we should be in for a year of steady growth. Expect more blog articles on relevant topics, fun social media posts tied to learning bugs and drugs, collaborations with talented infectious diseases experts, and more. We will keep trying to produce practical, insightful, and accessible articles to help support antimicrobial stewardship and clinical pharmacy, that much is sure!
CLOSING NOTE OF APPRECIATION
Having the honor of being editor-in-chief of IDstewardship continues to be a tremendous privilege for which I am extremely grateful. The messages of support for this work that come in from around the world are a major motivator as is the chance to work with so many other experts in this field. I hope everyone who reads our content, follows us on social media, and works with us to help #SaveABX knows that this would not exist without you. THANK YOU!
Wishing you a safe and successful 2023!
-Tim and the IDstewardship Team