In this article we do a quick run down on IDstewardship for the end of 2021.
Article Posted 27 December 2021
2021 has been another year of pandemic life, but many things have been improving and some wonderful advancements in science have occurred. For IDstewardship it has been a challenging year, but a lot has been done to spread the word about antimicrobial stewardship and clinical pharmacy that we are very proud of. As we all take a breath before heading into a new year in 2022, this article is provided as a look back and checkpoint in the life of IDstewardship.com, LearnAntibiotics.com, and the IDstewardship social media profiles.
Of tremendous importance as we do this reflection and snapshot we must acknowledge all of the people who make IDstewardship possible. This includes all of the amazing humans who are contributors, site visitors, and everyone who shares our content. Without our community of fantastic people, none of this would be possible. Thank you for your support and encouragement!
TOP NEW ARTICLES FROM 2021
- Molnupiravir – The New COVID Antiviral Named After Thor’s Hammer
- Five Ways To Celebrate Pharmacy Week
- A Comparison Of Paxlovid Versus Molnupiravir: The First Oral COVID Antivirals
- Five Things For Pharmacists To Know About The Omicron Variant
- A Comparison Of Bamlanivimab Versus Bamlanivimab-Etesevimab
EDITOR’S CHOICE: BEST ARTICLE OF 2021
Tele-stewardship is going to be a critical tool for ensuring safe and rational antimicrobial drug use. I am excited about how forward-thinking tele-stewardship is, which motivated selection of this top-notch article for best of 2021.
It takes an army. Thank you to all of our contributors, collaborators, and interviewees in 2021! This year we had contributors from India, the United Kingdom, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, and all over the United States. Collaborating with these folks has been incredibly rewarding.
- Jacinda C. Abdul-Mutakabbir Pharm.D., MPH, AAHIVP
- Meagan Adamsick, PharmD, BCIDP
- Christina Andrzejewski, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP
- Jeff Boden, Ph.D.
- Hannah Brokmeier, Pharm.D.
- Michael Campsall
- Eduardo Clot Silla, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
- Andrea Duque, Pharm.D.
- Bassam Ghanem, Pharm.D., MS, BCPS
- Christine Ginocchio, Ph.D., MT, (RET)
- Precious Gospel, B.Pharm, MPSN, MIAPHL
- Taylor Harris, Pharm.D.
- Grace Mary John, Pharm.D.
- Salam Kabbani, Pharm.D.
- Tina Khadem, PharmD, BCPS
- Sara Lee, Pharm.D.
- Erin K. McCreary, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP
- Monica Mehta, Pharm.D., MPH, BCPS
- Joe Osborne, Pharm.D.
- Christina Rivera, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIV-M
- Jessica Sacher, Ph.D.
- Melissa Santibañez, Pharm.D., BCCCP
- Cassandra Schmitt, Pharm.D.
- Brenda Simiyu Pharm.D., BCPS, BCIDP
- Ryan W Stevens, Pharm.D., BCPID
- Christine Thompson, Pharm.D. Candidate 2023, MBA
- Tristan Timbrook, Pharm.D.
IDstewardship QUICK HISTORY
- December 2021 – First @IDstewardship TikTok
- November 2020 – First Learn Antibiotics by IDstewardship podcast
- November 2018 – www.LearnAntibiotics.com created
- November 2016 – @ASP_chat started on Twitter
- March 2016 – www.IDstewardship.com created
- July 2014 – IDstewardship Facebook page created
- July 2014 – IDstewardship Pinterest account created
- April 2014 – @IDstewardship first post to Instagram
- July 2012 – @IDstewardship joined Twitter
2021 WEBSITE ANALYTICS for www.IDstewardship.com
- 1,000,000 pageviews at www.IDstewardship.com in 2021
- 4,400,000 lifetime pageviews through 2021
- 550,000 visitors to www.IDstewardship.com in 2021
- 400,000 organic traffic visitors
- 100,000 visitors found us from social media
- Visitors from 210 countries
- Top countries: United States, India, Canada, United Kingdom, Philippines, Australia, South Africa
- The average visitor spent 2 minutes and 51 seconds at www.IDstewardship.com
- 34 new articles published at www.IDstewardship.com
2021 WEBSITE ANALYTICS for www.LearnAntibiotics.com
- 130,000 pageviews at www.LearnAntibiotics.com
- 32,000 visitors to www.LearnAntibiotics.com
- Visitors from 161 countries
- Top countries: United States, Canada, India, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Australia
- Visitors from 161 countries
- Active memberships at end of 2021: 361
- This year for the first time we added some fun Word Searches and Antibiotic Jeopardy Games
- Several new cheat sheets as well as other resources were added in 2021
SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
The biggest growth this year was on Twitter, while Instagram and Facebook saw modest growth.
- 32,200 accounts following @IDstewardship
- Facebook Page
- 23,800 accounts following the IDstewardship page
- 23,600 accounts following @IDstewardship
- 3,750 accounts following @ASP_chat
- 23,500 subscribers at end of 2021
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS MENTIONING IDstewardship
- How the Field of Infectious Diseases Can Leverage Digital Strategy and Social Media Use During a Pandemic. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2021.
- Educational Resource Review: #ASPChat. JAC-Antimicrobial Resistance, Volume 3, Issue 3, September 2021.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENT
Looking back, 2021 was a really tough year. The pandemic was extremely stressful, everyone’s time has become more limited, and it makes me think 2022 will hold new unforeseen challenges that we will have to overcome together. I think the one thing I can promise for IDstewardship in 2022 is that we will keep trying to produce practical, insightful, and accessible articles to help support antimicrobial stewardship and clinical pharmacy.
CLOSING NOTE OF APPRECIATION
Having the honor of being editor-in-chief of IDstewardship continues to be a tremendous privilege for which I am extremely grateful. I hope everyone who reads our content, follows us on social media, and works with us to help #SaveABX knows that this would not exist without you. THANK YOU!
Wishing you a safe and successful 2022!
-Tim and the IDstewardship Team