Bored on a conference call? Well a cure for your boredom is here and it is called conference call Bingo! Here you will find instructions for playing and example sheets to play with.
Authored By: Timothy P. Gauthier, Pharm.D, BCPS-AQ ID
[Last Updated 7/2017]
Do you participate in lots of conference calls? Sick of sitting there staring at the wall or playing around with your fidget spinner? Well now there is a new way to stay awake and pay attention during your next conference call – conference call bingo!
Many people are making their own conference call bingo boards and I found a few automated ones online, but here are some free printable ones and suggested simple rules to play by to make your life easier.
Many professionals spend a fair amount of time participating in conference calls. It’s usually not all that bad, but it can be really dull when the topic is not something you are passionate about.
So if you find yourself asking…
- How to stay awake during a conference call?
- What to do during a boring conference call?
- Are there any conference call games?
…look no further, because here you go!
How to play
You can play alone or play with friends. It’s so easy, even kids can play!
- Distribute bingo sheets to teams or individuals
- Familiarize yourself with the content on your sheet
- As the conference call goes on write in the approximate time when you get a box. The wording of the statement does not need to exactly match the box, but it should be close. Example: “can anyone hear me” is just as good as the “can you hear me?” box.
- Use a WhatsApp group chat or other similar mechanism to share progress
- The first person to get 5 boxes across a row, down a column, or diagonally across wins
- Winner has to share approximate times of each box in winning row or column, which their opponents reconcile using their own sheets
- Majority vote amongst group should be used to resolve disputes.
- Disputes not setteled by majority vote should be settled via rock/paper/scissors game.
- Winner is awarded bragging rights until next game
You can use these sheets here. Each one has the same content, but is arranged in a somewhat different order.
~ Card A ~
~ Card B ~
~ Card C ~
~ Card D ~
This content was created after being inspired by several conference call bingo boards posted to social media. I hope you enjoy this version!
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: